Computer Security and technologies (STI)
Information Technology and Cybersecurity Department - course taught on Bourges campus
STI engineers are fully proficient in the various information technologies and can therefore find work across the discipline's board. What's more, their expertise in cybersecurity gives them access to a range of professions.
New possibilities present themselves every day with the ever increasing changes affecting technology. Internet use becoming more widely available, smartphone use becoming the norm and the emergence of smart devices are all recent examples of these changes. At company level, the information system has become one of the cornerstones of a business for this is where much of its wealth is stored – especially through the latter's expertise with patents, and customer files. These represent valuables that hackers can get hold of through cyberattacks, which are reported at regular intervals in the press. Even if it is difficult to put a figure on the actual loss brought about by attacks on the information system, the number of companies claiming to have suffered such losses is rising constantly (20% in 2011 versus 6% in 2008).
This need to protect ourselves against cyberattacks has been stressed by the Ministry of Defence's white paper. The Atena forum reckons that several thousand information technology engineers specialising in security need to be trained every year.
The aim of the Information Technology and Cybersecurity department is to provide the theoretical, technological and practical grounding for being able to meet these needs.
Information Technology and Cybersecurity engineers at the INSA Centre Val de Loire specialise in information technology and are in charge of the development and particularly the security of new information systems.
Three Advanced Modules in Year 4:
- CE: e-Commerce
- BG: Big Data
- Mob: Mobility
Three Options in Year 5:
- 4AS: Architecture Administration Audit and Security Analisis / Architecture Administration Audit et Analyse de Sécurité
- ASL: Software Security and Architecture / Architecture et Sécurité Logicielle
- 2SU: Ubiquitous Computing Security / Sécurité des Systèmes Ubiquitaires
- IT systems
- Analytical methods of information systems
Placements in France and abroad:
- Year 4: placement or industrial assignment lasting 17 weeks
- Year 5: 25-week placement
- Network supervision engineer
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Cyberdefence system integrator
- Overall design architect
- R&D engineer
- R&D engineer in information systems
- System development engineer
- C++ engineer
- Research/development engineer